Tuesday 13 May 2014

Lamb Italienne

I am quite particular about the food I eat. I have an organic veg box delivered - I only buy carefully selected groceries and I tend to buy most of my meat from a farmer friend.
 Last month I bought a lamb from my friend and today I made one of my childhood favourite lamb dishes - Lamb Italienne!!



It is so simple!!
 Take 2 carrots - a medium onion -  a couple of sticks of celery - 1 x can of tomatoes and 8 x best end lamb cutlets. 
 Chop carrots, onion & celery - fry gently in a little oil. Place in a casserole- trim excess fat off the lamb and fry in the same pan as the vegetables - when brown place on top of the vegetables - tip the can of tomatoes into the pan add 1/4 pint of water, mixed herbs- salt & pepper and bring to the boil.  Pour over the lamb - cover and place ina medium hot oven - 180c for about 1 - 1 1/2 hours. Meanwhile - mix 4 oz of S.R. flour with 1 1/2 oz of suet - add chopped parsley - sals and enough cold water to make a sticky consistency . when meat cooked place the dumplings on top of the meat - leave uncovered and return to the oven for approx 20 minutes.
 Serve with potatoes and green vegetables - delicious!! 
I hope you enjoy this!! 
 Til next time 
 God Bless 
Sue.x

No comments:

Post a Comment