Thursday 8 May 2014

Another bright cushion to add to my new seating area 


I have now made a second cushion to add to  my seating area - it was fun to make and quite simple and best of all I used up some fabric from my stash!! 

I just cut squares five squares -and 4 small triangles and 4 larger triangles and then joined three squares together in a line and added a small triangle to either end - then joined a larger triangle to each side of the two remaining squares then added a small triangle to the side thus creating a larger triangle and then joined it all together. I then cut four strips and added them to each side - then created an envelope back.
That was easy too!!
I cut two pieces of fabric the same size as the cushion front! Then along one edge on each piece I turned under 1/4 " and then turned it under again and hemmed it. 
I then  laid the pieces on top of each other wrong sides to right sides with the hemmed edges on opposite sides - I then placed the cushion top on top right sides up. I sewed around the entire cushion cover taking a 1/4" seam.
 I then turned the cushion cover wrong sides out and re sewed  the seam taking 3/8 " seam. turned it right sides out -Pressed the cushion and popped it on the cushion pad - and took the photo - really quick - bright & fun!! 
Doing another one tomorrow
 Til' next time 
 God bless 

 Sue..x

No comments:

Post a Comment