Monday 15 June 2015

Skirts 


This week I had a skirt making week 
 I love making skirts - they are quick & fun and you can make them plain or decorated 
 I started with this little skirt for Aleesha 
which was very quick - I added some pink ric-rac to jazz it up a bit!!


Then i moved on to this skirt for Aaliyah -
I started with the red floral layer - then i added the bottom tier and the first row of ric-rac - then I gathered the lower tier and sewed it to the middle tier and added red ric-rac - then i gathered the middle tier and added it to the upper tier and added red ric-rac - made the casing inserted the elastic and it was done!!!

I then made this skirt for me - i have been thinking about making myself a skirt out of this fabric for a wee while - so i did !! This one was a bit different as it has panels - first i sewed part of the panel seams then i stitched in the panels - then did the side seams then made a seperate waist band - added elastic and hemmed - it's just the right size and length!! Yay!!


No comments:

Post a Comment